Friday night fever
Never been to Friday night football for over 35s?
Here’s what to expect:
· Come to the Lewes 3G pitch any Friday at 8pm. You don’t need to book or tell us you’re coming.
· Just bring yourself, shin pads, 3G appropriate footwear & cash or card to pay.
· Cost is £10
· We have the whole pitch to ourselves so it’s easy to find us.
· There’s always a co-ordinator running the evening. They will be near the dug-out.
· They will welcome you, introduce you to some of the group and let you know what to expect.
· At 8.15pm, there’s a poem (see below), followed by a warm up and a match, til around 10pm.
Come and join us. If you are old enough you are good enough!
Friday Night Poem
It is 8 o’clock at the 3G, it is Friday night football time
Now is a time for joy!
We stand together
Because we love to play
We decide what kind of football it will be
-we warm up
-we pick teams,
-we play a match or tournament,
-no offsides, gentle person’s foul
If we kick the ball over the fence, we go and get it straight away!
We let our critical voices go: showing up matters
We know we are getting old, not the people we used to be
We carry injuries: the spectre of sickness and death is upon us
We look after our bodies while we are here, and each other: if you’re going to take him out, think again……
We care about each other’s lives AND our own!
But we also care enough to play, to run, to win,
Anyone (of a certain age) is welcome
Here, if you are old enough, you are good enough